Due to their cutting-edge features and environmentally friendly design, Tesla automobiles are becoming increasingly popular in Tanzania. The price range for bringing a Tesla into Tanzania, which is not sold there officially, depends on the model, condition, and import duties. The typical price to bring a Tesla Model S or Model 3 to Tanzania is between TZS 80 million and TZS 150 million ($34,500 and $64,500).
Owning a Tesla car has a number of benefits, such as better performance, low maintenance costs, and a design that is good for the environment. Vehicles in the line are popular among tech-savvy customers because to its cutting-edge features, such as autopilot and wireless software upgrades.
A Tesla may be used in a variety of contexts, since the automobile is at home in both urban and rural settings. Its extended range and fast charging characteristics make it a great choice for lengthy trips, and the autopilot function allows you to relax and enjoy the ride.
Tanzanians who want Teslas but can’t find them locally may have to resort to importing them. While the hefty import fees may put off some purchasers, the eco-friendliness and cutting-edge technology of Tesla vehicles may be worth it to others.
Overall, the cutting-edge technology and eco-friendliness of Tesla automobiles are earning fans in Tanzania. Importing a Tesla is an alternative for individuals who want a high-performance, low-maintenance, environmentally friendly automobile but can’t get one locally.
Tanzanians love affluent lifestyles, especially when it comes to cars. When you stand by the roadside, you get to see several kinds of vehicles such as Mercedes Benz, Toyota, Honda, etc. One car that has come into Tanzania that so many people are still sceptical about is Tesla.
Tesla vehicles are the next big thing is they have taken the world by storm over the last decade. Many Tanzanians don’t think that it is possible to use a Tesla vehicle in Tanzania for several reasons. Notwithstanding, there are Tesla vehicles in Tanzania today and they are worth every penny spent. How much does it cost to own a Tesla vehicle in Tanzania today? Continue reading to find out.
How Much is a Tesla Vehicle in Tanzania?
Tesla vehicles are produced by Tesla Inc., a company that was established by Elon Musk in 2003. All the vehicles from this company run on electrical energy. So how much does it cost to own a Tesla vehicle in Tanzania? There are several models of Tesla vehicles available in Tanzania today. We have made a list of these vehicles and their prices below:
- Tesla Cybertruck Dual Motor AWD 2022: TSh1,119,362,800 – N25 million
- Tesla Cybertruck Single Motor RWD 2021: TSh905,454,000 – TSh1,075,569,600
- Tesla Cybertruck Single Motor RWD 2022: TSh899,966,400 – TSh1,113,982,800
- Tesla Cybertruck Tri Motor AWD 2022: N28.8 – TSh1,716,220,000
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2020: TSh1,004,230,800 – TSh1,173,700,800
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2021: TSh1,054,157,200 – TSh1,271,509,200
- Tesla Model 3 Long Range 2022: TSh1,086,544,800 – TSh1,234,710,000
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2020: TSh1,172,840,000 – TSh1,273,123,200
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2021: TSh1,221,260,000 – TSh1,382,660,000
- Tesla Model 3 Performance 2022: TSh1,264,300,000 – N26 million
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Pluss 2022: TSh983,517,800 – N20 million
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range 2022: TSh930,740,000 – TSh1,188,980,000
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus 2020: N15 million – TSh930,740,000
- Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus 2021: TSh847,672,800 – TSh998,743,200
- Tesla Model S Long Range 2020: N33 million – TSh2,065,920,000
- Tesla Model S Long Range 2022: TSh2,079,800,400 – TSh2,260,891,200
- Tesla Model S Long Range Plus 2021: TSh1,569,453,600 – N32 million
- Tesla Model S Performance 2020: TSh2,260,891,200 – TSh2,410,240,000
- Tesla Model S Performance 2021: TSh2,079,800,400 – TSh2,200,689,000
- Tesla Model S Plaid 2021: TSh2,716,362,000 – N54 million
- Tesla Model S Plaid 2022: TSh2,932,100,000 – N60 million
- Tesla Model S Plaid Plus 2021: TSh3,163,440,000 – N62 million
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2020: TSh1,926,147,600 – N40 million
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2021: TSh2,260,891,200 – TSh2,394,100,000
- Tesla Model X Long Range 2022: TSh2,260,891,200 – N45 million
- Tesla Model X Long Range Plus 2021: N33 million – N36 million
- Tesla Model X Performance 2020: TSh2,352,835,400 – N47 million
- Tesla Model X Performance 2021: TSh2,260,891,200 – N46 million
- Tesla Model X Plaid 2021: TSh2,716,362,000 – N52 million
- Tesla Model X Plaid 2022: N50 million – TSh2,896,215,400
- Tesla Model Y Long Range 2021: TSh1,119,362,800 – TSh1,221,260,000
- Tesla Model Y Long Range 2022: TSh1,221,260,000 – N26 million
- Tesla Model Y Long Range AWD 2021: TSh1,119,362,800 – TSh1,361,140,000
- Tesla Model Y Performance 2021: TSh1,342,148,600 – N28 million
- Tesla Model Y Performance 2022: N26 million – N30 million
- Tesla Model Y Standard Range 2021: TSh930,740,000 – N22 million
- Tesla Model Y Standard Range 2022: TSh930,740,000 – TSh1,151,320,000
- Tesla Roadster 2022: TSh4,443,880,000 – N90 million
Note that the prices of these cars are quite volatile because of several factors such as government policies, location, and vendor. We will update this post once we notice a change in prices. With this out of the way, let’s learn more about Tesla vehicles.
A group of engineers established Tesla in 2003 and they aimed to prove that people could drive electric vehicles without breaking the bank. According to them, the cars will be quicker, better, and more interesting to drive than their gasoline counterparts.
Tesla now builds all-electric vehicles with an intent to be infinitely scalable in terms of generating clean energy. The company believes that the world needs to move from cars that run on fossil fuels to cars that produce zero emissions. Tesla produces its vehicles at the company factory in Fremont in California as well as in Gigafactory Shanghai. The company also creates several energy solutions such as Powerpack, Solar Roof, and Powerwall to help its customers manage the generation, storage, and consumption of renewable energy.
Special Features of Tesla Vehicles
Model 3 Clean Dashboard
Tesla makes use of a crisp edge-to-edge design that is built around a screen. This design has just about everything that a regular car has on its dashboard. The interior of the Tesla Model 3 is functional, superbly sleek, and minimalistic. This dashboard offers the user a clear view of the road to ensure that it maintains dynamism.
One look at the Tesla battery design and you can tell that it isn’t a simple one. The car is manufactured on a difficult assembly line made up of multiple batteries and wires. Tesla makes use of a clean combination that aids performance and an impressive range. According to Business Insider, Tesla makes its battery packs together with Panasonic.
The interiors of all Tesla vehicles are futuristic while the exterior designs are aeronautic and dynamic, perfect for the future. Franz von Holzhausen, the head designer at Tesla, and Elon Musk have emphasized that it doesn’t cost extra to produce more beautiful Tesla cars.
When you own a Tesla, it is very similar to owning a smartphone. We all know that you can easily upgrade your smartphone overnight and enjoy the new features in the morning. This is exactly how a Tesla works. There are frequent software updates that provide access to the most recent features of your vehicle. Also, you can access your Tesla vehicle’s basic features via the app.
Now, you know that you can purchase a Tesla vehicle in Tanzania. We have shown you a list of Tesla vehicles available and their prices in this post. In the concluding section, we showed you some of the special features of Tesla vehicles.