With the internet advertising various types and classes of vitamins to use during pregnancy, it has been very difficult for women in this condition to know the safe ones and the best to use. No doubt, certain vitamins and mineral are good for pregnancy and it is essential to take some of these for the perfect health of the unborn child and the mother-to-be.
This post introduces one of the very essential supplement to use during pregnancy – Pregnacare Plus. Here, we will take a look at the uses of the medication, the possible side effects, the precautions, and most importantly, how much the supplement goes for in the current market in Tanzania.
Pregnacare Plus is a prenatal multivitamin supplement that is designed to support the health and well-being of pregnant women. It contains a range of essential vitamins and minerals, including folic acid, iron, and calcium, which are important for both the mother and the developing fetus. In Tanzania, the cost of Pregnacare Plus can vary depending on the location of purchase and the retailer. In this article, we will take a closer look at the top 10 brands of Pregnacare Plus available in Tanzania and the average price of each brand in the country.
- Pregnacare Original: Pregnacare Original is a well-known brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Original in Tanzania is around TZS 15,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Plus Omega 3: Pregnacare Plus Omega 3 is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Plus Omega 3 in Tanzania is around TZS 20,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Liquid: Pregnacare Liquid is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Liquid in Tanzania is around TZS 25,000 for a bottle of 200ml.
- Pregnacare Max: Pregnacare Max is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Max in Tanzania is around TZS 22,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Conception: Pregnacare Conception is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Conception in Tanzania is around TZS 18,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Plus Tablets: Pregnacare Plus Tablets is a generic form of Pregnacare Plus that is available in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Plus Tablets in Tanzania is around TZS 12,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare His & Hers: Pregnacare His & Hers is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare His & Hers in Tanzania is around TZS 25,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Nursing: Pregnacare Nursing is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Nursing in Tanzania is around TZS 18,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Breast-Feeding: Pregnacare Breast-Feeding is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Breast-Feeding in Tanzania is around TZS 22,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
- Pregnacare Mom: Pregnacare Mom is another brand of Pregnacare Plus that is commonly used in Tanzania. The average price of Pregnacare Mom in Tanzania is around TZS 20,000 for a pack of 60 tablets.
The cost of Pregnacare Plus in Tanzania can vary greatly depending on the brand and the location of purchase. However, the average price of a pack of 60 tablets of Pregnacare Plus in Tanzania is around TZS 18,000 to TZS 25,000. It is important to note that prices may vary and it is recommended to compare prices at different retailers to ensure that you get the best deal. It is also important to consult with a healthcare professional before taking any prenatal multivitamin supplement, including Pregnacare Plus, to ensure that it is appropriate for your specific needs and to ensure that you are taking the correct dose.
Overall, Pregnacare Plus can be a great way to support the health and well-being of pregnant women in Tanzania. With a wide range of brands available at varying prices, there is a Pregnacare Plus product to suit every budget. Whether you are looking to get the best value for your money or the best quality product, there is a Pregnacare Plus product that is right for you.
Pregnacare Plus price in Tanzania
Pregnacare Plus is one of the most popular medications produced by Vitabiotics. It is one of many pregnancy care drugs produced by the brand. As it stands, the medication is also among the brand’s most expensive in its category. The medication sells for anything between TSh34,775 and TSh81,855 per pack, depending on where you are purchasing it from. It should be noted that a pack contains 56 tablets.
Pregnacare can be purchased from various top-rated medicine stores across the country. They can also be easily ordered from various ecommerce stores in the country.
Pregnacare Plus: What you should know about the medication
Pregnacare is one of the most post popular and in-demand pregnancy vitamin supplement in the Tanzanian market today. The supplement is a product of multivitamin mainly used to avoid vitamin deficiency as a result of poor dieting especially during pregnancy. The medication is also used to cure vitamin deficiencies during pregnancy. The importance of sufficient vitamins during pregnancy cannot be overemphasized. Apart from the fact that they serve as important building blocks of the body, they also help keep the unborn child and the mother-to-e in great shape and overall standard health condition.
The medication is usually taking by mouth. It is very essential to follow the directions as stated in the leaflet or better consult your doctor before taking the medication. Generally, the Pregnacare Plus is expected to be taken once daily, except otherwise directed by the doctor. Regardless of the condition you are looking to curb, it is advisable not to take more than the recommended dosage per day so as to avoid health complications and side effects. Also, it is advisable to follow the recommended dosage regularly to get the very best of the medication. Doctors have always advised to take the medication around the same time per day.
Side Effects of Pregnacare Plus
There are many side effects that accompany the use of Pregnacare Plus, just like in the case of many other sensitive drugs. These side effects come in various types and vary heavily per individual. While some of the side effects are temporal and lasts within days and weeks, patients might need to cope with some for months. Depending on the patient’s response to treatment, the side effects vary.
One of the most common side effects patients have complained about is Constipation. Over 30 percent of users tend to experience mild constipation at some point while using the medication. Some other common side effects include diarrhea, dizziness and stomach upset. The side effects as started here are usually mild and temporary. The body adjusts to these side effects in no time and the symptoms disappear. In cases where the symptoms are persistent and worsens, patients are advised to contact their pharmacists or doctors as soon as possible.
On very rare occasions, patients have tendencies to experience some more serious side effects. Some of these side effects include rashes, swelling or itching of the face, throat, or tongue, severe dizziness and difficulty in breathing. Once any of these symptoms are noticed, it is essential for the patient to contact the medical doctor or pharmacist as soon as possible. There are also some side effects not mentioned here. Hence, it is important to reach out to your doctor once you notice strange reactions in your body which could be as a result of the medication.
Prengnacare is not a regular drug and should not be used anyhow. Before taking the drug, it is essential to have a discussion with you pharmacist or doctor in case you have allergies to any of the drug’s constituents or any allergies at all. This is because the medication may contain active ingredients that could trigger these allergies and worsen the condition. If you have underlying health conditions, especially conditions like liver problems, stomach problems like ulcer, or issues with alcohol, you need to discuss explicitly with your doctor before you use the medication.
In instances where the multivitamin you are taking also has folic acid, ensure you discuss with your doctor or pharmacist if you have pernicious anemia before taking it. This is because Folic acid could further affect certain lab tests for vitamin B12 deficiency without treating this deficiency, and this could result in serious nerve problems.
Drug interactions could alter how medications work and could further increase the patient’s risk for serious side effects. This makes it essential for the patient to keep a list of all the drugs him or her uses, including prescription and nonprescription drugs, and share these with the doctor and pharmacist before using Pregnacare Plus. If you are using medications that contain iron, make sure you do not take this product along at the same time as some antibiotics like tetracycline.