When it comes to cooling the temperature in a room, ceiling fan is arguably one of the most economic ways of going about it. Ceiling fans have been widely gained popularity over the past two to three decades. This type of fan started as a cost effective alternative to air conditioning to cool living rooms, offices, bedrooms and other similar environments and has now grown into a must have device in any building. The flexibility and relative dynamism ceiling fans bring have made them indispensable to the current markets.
Ceiling fans are a popular choice for cooling down a room, especially during the hot and humid seasons in Tanzania. They are available in a variety of sizes and designs, with prices ranging from budget-friendly to high-end models. Below, we have compiled a list of the top 10 ceiling fans in Tanzania, along with their respective prices and benefits.
- Binatone Ceiling Fan – TSH 140,000 The Binatone ceiling fan is a popular choice due to its high-quality motor and efficient cooling. It also has a sleek design and comes with a remote control for easy adjustments.
- Ramtons Ceiling Fan – TSH 155,000 The Ramtons ceiling fan is known for its powerful motor and quiet operation. It has multiple speed settings and a reverse function, making it suitable for use in all seasons.
- Sayona Ceiling Fan – TSH 130,000 The Sayona ceiling fan has a durable design and efficient cooling. It also has a remote control and an adjustable head, making it easy to customize the direction and speed of the fan.
- Philips Ceiling Fan – TSH 165,000 The Philips ceiling fan is energy-efficient and has a stylish design. It also has a quiet operation and a durable motor for long-lasting use.
- Midea Ceiling Fan – TSH 120,000 The Midea ceiling fan has a modern design and efficient cooling. It has a remote control and an adjustable head, making it easy to customize the direction and speed of the fan.
- Samsung Ceiling Fan – TSH 190,000 The Samsung ceiling fan is a high-end option that boasts a powerful motor and efficient cooling. It also has a sleek design and a quiet operation.
- Bruhm Ceiling Fan – TSH 135,000 The Bruhm ceiling fan has a unique design and efficient cooling. It has multiple speed settings and an adjustable head, making it suitable for various room sizes.
- Armco Ceiling Fan – TSH 115,000 The Armco ceiling fan is a budget-friendly option that still provides efficient cooling. It has a sturdy design and multiple speed settings, making it suitable for various room sizes.
- Nexus Ceiling Fan – TSH 125,000 The Nexus ceiling fan has a powerful motor and efficient cooling. It also has multiple speed settings and a reverse function, making it suitable for use in all seasons.
- Binatone Ceiling Fan (56″) – TSH 160,000 The Binatone 56-inch ceiling fan is a larger option that is suitable for larger rooms. It has a powerful motor and efficient cooling, and also comes with a remote control.
When purchasing a ceiling fan, it is important to consider factors such as size, design, and features. Some ceiling fans come with remote controls, multiple speed settings, and reverse functions, which can be convenient for users. Additionally, a ceiling fan’s design and motor can impact its cooling efficiency and noise level.
Ceiling fans are a popular choice for many households in Tanzania due to their affordability and efficiency in circulating air. There are various brands and models of ceiling fans available in the Tanzanian market, with prices ranging from TZS 20,000 to TZS 150,000.
The most affordable ceiling fans in Tanzania can be purchased for TZS 20,000 to TZS 40,000. These fans usually have a basic design and come with simple features, such as a single speed setting and a basic pull-chain control system. They are ideal for small rooms or for use in areas where the fan is only needed occasionally.
Mid-range ceiling fans, priced between TZS 50,000 and TZS 80,000, offer more features and a wider range of designs. They often come with multiple speed settings, remote control options, and a range of lighting options. These fans are suitable for use in larger rooms, bedrooms, and living rooms.
High-end ceiling fans, priced between TZS 100,000 and TZS 150,000, are designed for luxury and style. They feature advanced technologies, such as LED lighting, quiet operation, and energy-saving features. They are typically used in large living spaces, such as living rooms and master bedrooms.
It is important to note that the prices of ceiling fans can vary depending on the brand and model. Some popular brands in Tanzania include Orient, Usha, and Bajaj, among others. It is always advisable to compare prices and features before making a purchase to ensure that you are getting the best value for your money.
The prices of ceiling fans in Tanzania vary widely, with options available to fit different budgets and preferences. Whether you are looking for a basic fan or a high-end model, there is a ceiling fan that will suit your needs and budget.
Although this type of fan has a very strong competition in standing fans, they still have their own heavy market as lots of people prefer the ceiling fan to standing fans. Apart from the stress in mounting and installing these types of fan, ceiling fans are relatively easy to use. Also, unlike standing fans, ceiling fans don’t consume much space. In fact, you rarely notice them because they are hung on the ceiling.
Ceiling fans come in different forms, sizes, designs and brands and are mainly powered by electricity although latest technologies have introduced ceiling fans that can be power by alternative power sources like solar and batteries. The ceiling fan manufacturing industry has grown to provide exactly what customers need in terms of convenience, dynamism and overall efficiency.
Tanzanians appreciate convenience; this is one reason ceiling fans will not go out of stuck any time soon. In fact, till date, ceiling fans remain among the most sought after fans in the country. Almost every building boast of one in each of the rooms. Although they are rarely installed in standard office these days, they still remain a core part of a house. And the greatest part is that they are among the most affordable fans in the market.
How much do ceiling fan go for in the current market? This post takes a look at this and answers the question.
Prices of Ceiling Fans in Tanzania
The market for ceiling fans have always been on the rise over the past decades. This is largely due to the rate at which building are being erected daily in the country. This type of fan, due to convenience and the fact that they don’t consume so much space in homes, remain at the top of the chain in the fan industry.
Ceiling fans come in different sizes, types and designs. They can be purchased directly from the manufacturers or from distributors across the country. For convenience, they can also be gotten in contemporary stores or via e-commerce. Let us take a look at prices of some popular brands in 2018.
QASA Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 36 inches ceiling fan: TSh43,228 – TSh70,246
- 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh53,500 – TSh136,425
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh68,213 – TSh160,500
- 62 inches ceiling fan: TSh98,975 – TSh187,250
OX Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 25 inches ceiling fan: TSh43,228 – TSh70,246
- Imperial 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh48,150 – TSh70,246
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh48,150 – TSh92,769
- 62 inches ceiling fan: TSh61,525 – TSh108,070
ORL Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 24 inches ceiling fan: TSh48,150 – TSh65,484
- 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh65,484 – TSh81,053
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh68,213 – TSh108,070
- 62 inches ceiling fan: TSh78,351 – TSh108,070
Century Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh43,228 – TSh65,484
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh70,246 – TSh108,070
Panasonic Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh120,054 – TSh136,425
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh136,425 – TSh160,500
Sonic Ceiling Fan Prices in Tanzania
- 56 inches ceiling fan: TSh37,825 – TSh81,053
- 60 inches ceiling fan: TSh60,027 – TSh108,070
It should be noted that the variation in prices is as a result of certain factors which include currency exchange rate, place and period of purchase and other similar factors. Numbers of inches are also factors that affect the prices. Generally, the higher the inches, the higher the prices.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling fans are available in different types and the variety of brands available today only makes it difficult to go to the market and pick a random one. If you are considering getting a ceiling fan soon or anytime in the future, it is essential you consider some important factors. These help you streamline your options and eventually pick the right one for you. Some of these factors are stated below.
- Consider the size of the fan: Ceiling fans are available in different sizes and the first thing to consider when buying a fan is the size. What determines this is the size of the room you are installing the ceiling fan. The bigger the room, the higher the inches you should go for.
- Noise: Noise is one thing you want to avoid when it comes to fan operation. Consider ceiling fans that don’t make so much noise when in use.
Other factors to consider include:
- Consider your budget
- Consider the motor type
- Consider the brand
Q1: How do I determine the appropriate size of a ceiling fan for my room?
A1: The size of a ceiling fan needed for a room is typically determined by the room’s square footage. A general rule of thumb is to use a 52-inch fan for rooms up to 400 square feet, a 44-inch fan for rooms up to 225 square feet, and a 36-inch fan for rooms up to 144 square feet.
Q2: Are high-end ceiling fans worth the extra cost?
A2: High-end ceiling fans typically come with additional features such as remote controls, energy-efficient motors, and stylish designs. While they may be more expensive, they can provide greater convenience and efficiency in the long run.