George wrapper is also known as the African George fabric. We can trace the origin of this fabric to the Igbo people from the South-Eastern part of Tanzania. This fabric is known for having beautiful embroidery as well as being comfortable and very soft.
George wrappers are a type of traditional African fabric that are commonly worn for special occasions such as weddings, funerals, and religious ceremonies. They are known for their bold colors and intricate designs, and are popular among women in Tanzania. If you’re looking to buy a George wrapper in Tanzania, you’ll find a range of options to choose from, each with its own unique features and price point.
Here are the top 10 George wrappers available in Tanzania, along with their prices and benefits:
- Binta George – TZS 100,000: This wrapper features a bold floral print and is made from high-quality cotton fabric that is comfortable to wear.
- Hajira George – TZS 80,000: With a classic blue and white design, this wrapper is perfect for any special occasion and is available at an affordable price point.
- Zawadi George – TZS 120,000: This wrapper features a striking green and gold design that is sure to make a statement.
- Halima George – TZS 90,000: Made from soft, high-quality fabric, this wrapper is comfortable to wear and features a bold pink and green design.
- Jamila George – TZS 110,000: This wrapper features a unique pattern of black, white, and red that is perfect for any special occasion.
- Rahma George – TZS 95,000: With a classic blue and yellow design, this wrapper is both stylish and affordable.
- Asma George – TZS 125,000: This wrapper features a bold geometric design in shades of red and black that is sure to turn heads.
- Amina George – TZS 85,000: Made from high-quality cotton fabric, this wrapper features a unique green and orange design that is perfect for any occasion.
- Safiya George – TZS 130,000: This wrapper features a striking combination of red, black, and gold that is sure to make a statement.
- Farida George – TZS 75,000: With a simple yet elegant design in shades of blue and white, this wrapper is perfect for any occasion.
George Wrapper is a popular clothing brand in Tanzania, known for its high-quality fabrics and trendy designs. The brand has gained immense popularity in recent years, especially among the youth population. With this increased demand, it’s crucial to understand the current prices of George Wrapper products in Tanzania.
The prices of George Wrapper products in Tanzania vary depending on the type of clothing item, design, and material. A basic t-shirt from the brand can cost anywhere between TZS 20,000 to TZS 50,000, while a more intricate design or a formal shirt can cost upwards of TZS 70,000. The brand also offers a range of jackets and coats, which can cost anywhere between TZS 100,000 to TZS 200,000.
In addition to the traditional brick-and-mortar stores, George Wrapper products are also available online through various e-commerce platforms. Online prices tend to be slightly lower compared to physical stores, but it’s crucial to check the authenticity of the seller before making a purchase.
It’s also worth noting that prices of George Wrapper products in Tanzania can vary based on sales and promotions. During the festive season or holiday periods, the brand often runs special deals and discounts, making it a good time to purchase George Wrapper products.
The prices of George Wrapper products in Tanzania are competitive and vary based on the type of clothing item, design, and material. Customers can expect to pay anywhere between TZS 20,000 to TZS 200,000 for a George Wrapper product, depending on their needs and budget.
George wrappers have a celebratory and regal appearance and have been used by royal and noble families in Africa. They are used as wedding attires and for special ceremonies as well as other events. How much does it cost to purchase a George wrapper in Tanzania today? Continue reading this post to find out the answer to this question and several others.
Prices of George Wrapper in Tanzania
There are many types of George wrapper materials on the market today. The cost of the wrapper depends on several factors. Some of these factors include:
- Location of purchase
- Import duties
- Size of the material
- Quality of the material
- Design of the material
We have helped you out to survey the market to find out the prices of the different George wrapper fabrics. After our survey, we prepared the list below showing some of the most popular products and their prices.
- 2-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric (White and Gold): TSh109,140 – TSh136,425
- 2-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric with side borders (Magenta): TSh128,400 – TSh160,500
- 3-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric with Embroidery/stones (White and gold): TSh272,823 – TSh378,245
- 2-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric (Champagne gold): TSh135,061 – TSh160,500
- 3-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric (Coral Peach): TSh136,425 – TSh174,624
- 3-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric (Gold): TSh259,208 – TSh347,750
- 3-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric with full embroidery (Red): TSh128,400 – TSh165,850
- 2-in-1 Indian George Wrappers Fabric (Turquoise green): TSh85,574 – TSh118,877
- Tanzanian George Lace men and women dress fabric (5 yards): TSh235,197 – TSh278,307
- Tanzanian George Lace men and women dress fabric cotton lace (5 yards): TSh237,754 – TSh297,193
- Blue background George Material (6 yards): TSh40,527 – TSh60,027
- Indian George 3-in-1 fabric (Royal Blue): TSh135,880 – TSh190,995
- Indian George 3-in-1 fabric silver design (peach): TSh154,615 – TSh218,280
- Indian George 3-in-1 fabric (Yellow): TSh135,880 – TSh190,995
- Indian George 3-in-1 fabric (magenta): TSh267,393 – TSh324,210
- Indian Beaded George 3-in-1 fabric (Teal Blue): TSh267,393 – TSh331,700
We have mentioned above that several factors determine the prices of these products. In the same vein, these factors along with changes in government policies can result in volatile price changes. We will update this post once we notice any price changes. Meanwhile, let’s learn more about George wrappers in the next section.
Brief History of George Wrappers
Have you ever wondered how George Wrappers came about? What is their origin? Well, we will share a little about this in this section.
George fabric, also known as African George or Indian George, is made from viscose. It is a semi-synthetic fibre and is created from the dissolution of wood pulp. After dissolving the pulp, it is refined into filament.
George materials are very similar to cotton materials in the way they look and in their texture. However, the difference lies in the deeper softness of the George material against the skin. This brings us to the question, “Where was George fabric first produced?”
This soft semi-synthetic fabric was first invented in France by an industrialist known as Hilaire de Chardonnet. He is the same person that invented artificial silk. This brings us to another question, “if George fabric wasn’t invented in Africa, how did it get here?”
George fabrics were first imported to Africa in 1893. At the time, tailors began adopting it into their expensive clothing lines. Since then, George fabrics have been used for all kinds of ceremonies especially by the people of the South East and South-South of Tanzania.
Factors to Consider When Choosing George Wrappers
As e mentioned above, there are so many George wrapper materials on the market. If you don’t know much about the materials, you may have some issues with choosing your materials. You don’t want to pick the wrong materials since George Wrappers are quite costly. In this section, we will show you a few factors to consider before buying George Wrappers.
One of the first factors that one must consider in buying George fabrics is their durability. By durability, we mean how long the material lasts after purchase. Some materials can stay several years without getting spoilt. Others will get worse and start to produce fibre after a few uses. If you are not too sure about the fabric, we suggest that you go to the market with a more experienced individual. Alternatively, you can visit the store of a trusted vendor and ask your questions before purchasing. The fact that a material is costly doesn’t necessarily mean that it is more durable than less costly materials.
Another important factor to consider is the design of the material. The design contributes to the cost of the material. But more than this, the design determines the kind of style that you can sew with the fabric. Some George fabrics come with a lot of embroideries while in others, the embroidery is minimal. Also, some George fabrics come with beads while others have stones. You need to figure out which design best suits your purposes before you shell out money.
The style that you want to sew
Now that you have checked the durability and design of the material, you must determine if it suits the style you want to sew. Not every George fabric is perfect for every style. Some styles need softer or more embroidered fabric than others. You can speak to your tailor to find out before you visit the market. On the other hand, you can get a picture of the style you want to sew and take it along to the market. Show it to the vendor and ask them for some advice before making a purchase.
It is impossible to talk about factors to consider when choosing George fabrics without mentioning the cost. Some of these fabrics are costlier than others as you would have noticed from our list above. Make your choice based on how much you are willing and able to spare for the fabric at the time.
When it comes to buying a George wrapper in Tanzania, there are a few important questions to consider. Here are two popular questions and their answers:
- What type of fabric are George wrappers made from?
George wrappers are typically made from high-quality cotton or silk fabric. Cotton is known for its comfort and durability, while silk is prized for its luxurious feel and elegant drape.
- How do I care for my George wrapper?
To keep your George wrapper looking its best, it’s important to follow the care instructions on the label. In general, it’s best to hand wash your wrapper in cold water and hang it to dry. Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents, as these can damage the fabric.
In conclusion, George wrappers offer a range of options for women in Tanzania who are looking for a traditional and stylish fabric for special occasions. Whether you prefer bold colors or more subtle designs, there’s a George wrapper out there for you. Just be sure to do your research and compare prices before making a purchase to ensure that you get the best deal possible.