Isn’t it amazing how inverters have revolutionized power generation and use in many parts of the world. Before now, batteries could only be charged by electricity. Today, you can actually store up electricity and use it when you lack power supply. If you’ve ever seen inverter batteries before, you’ll have an idea of what I’m talking about. They are heavy duty batteries; the type used by large trucks and trailers.
In Tanzania, where the power goes out often, inverter batteries have become an important part of life. They provide backup power to keep our essential appliances running when the mains power goes off. If you’re in the market for an inverter battery, you may be wondering about the prices of inverter batteries in Tanzania. In this article, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to know about inverter battery prices in Tanzania.
Prices of Inverter Batteries in Tanzania
The prices of inverter batteries in Tanzania vary depending on the capacity and brand. Generally, the larger the capacity, the higher the price. However, some brands are more expensive than others. To give you an idea, the average price range for inverter batteries in Tanzania is between Tshs 350,000 to Tshs 1,500,000.
To help you get a better idea of the prices of inverter batteries in Tanzania, we’ve created a price list below:
|100 Ah||Luminous||350,000 – 500,000|
|150 Ah||Su-Kam||550,000 – 700,000|
|200 Ah||Microtek||800,000 – 1,000,000|
|220 Ah||Exide||1,200,000 – 1,500,000|
*Note: Prices may vary depending on the brand and availability.
The Inverter batteries are a crucial component in the construction and installation of inverters. In fact, you can call it the power house without which you can’t store or use electricity with your inverter. The batteries are part of the components that are kept indoors (in the case of a solar inverter). They are totally safe and can cause no damage. In fact, there has been near zero reports of electrical surge caused by inverter batteries.
Batteries have been an important commodity for centuries. They are used for many things, and as an alternative power source. Modern inverter batteries have taken up a new modernized look though. The cases are closed and the exterior laced with fine plastic finish. The designs have been upgraded to not only complement your interior look and do away with the initial exterior crudeness, but to also fit into the demands of your apartment or wherever you’re going to be needing it.
Prices of Inverter Batteries in Tanzania
Perhaps, you’re looking out to get a battery for your inverter, but do not know how much it’ll cost, you’re on track. I have provided this guide to give you an idea of how much inverter batteries are sold. Some are sold as single units, others as units of two or four batteries. Be sure to get what you want based on specifications. Ideally, you should let a technical expert do this for you.
RITAR RITAR 12V/80AH INVERTER BATTERY
Price Range: TSh353,100 – TSh367,438
Ritar 12V/80Ah AGM is a deep cycle battery manufactured by Ritar VRLA. It is an amazing power insulator that has the following features;
- 12V Inverter Battery capacity.
- Maintenance free and sealed
MERCURY DEEP CYCLE INVERTER BATTERY – SET OF 2 – 200AH/12V
Price Range: TSh1,377,893 – TSh1,404,910
- Brand: Mercury
- Capacity: 12V/200AH x 4
- It is a good match for both Inverters & UPS Systems.
- Can Perform efficiently under extreme conditions.
- Can also withstand Deep Discharge and Overcharge.
- Has adequate protection against leakages and corrosion.
MERCURY ELITE INVERTER BATTERY 12V 200AH DEEP CYCLE
Price Range: TSh615,250 – TSh648,420
- This inverter battery has similar features like the one I previewed initially.
- Brand: Made by Mercury
- Capacity: 12V/200AH
- It has the ability to perform under extreme conditions.
- It is a near perfect match for most Inverters & UPS Systems.
- It is protected against corrosion and any form of leakage.
- It can also withstand Deep Discharge and even Overcharge.
GACIA 12V 210A INVERTER TELECOM BATTERY – GERMAN TECHNOLOGY
Price Range: TSh775,750 – TSh810,525
- It is a great Power Supply System that can be used for Local Area Network (LAN) or Special Networks.
- Ideal for Communication systems: Microwave stations, Switch, Mobile Base Stations, Radio and Broadcasting Stations, Data centres, etc.
- Ideal for Home and office solutions.
- EPS and UPS systems.
- Signal system & Emergency Lighting Systems
GENUS 12V 200AH INVERTER BATTERY
Price Range: TSh588,500 – TSh648,420
This is a set of super-sealed Genus Inverter batteries that are built for time. They can last really long. Also from the same people who made Luminous. When this battery is fully charged, you are sure to get at least 12 hours of backup time before power is restored.
VARTA PROFESSIONAL DEEP CYCLE AGM LAD 150 12V 150AH INVERTER BATTERY
Price Range: TSh989,750 – TSh1,016,500
- From the stable of Johnsons Control Germany
- Comes with a manufacturer’s 2 years warranty.
- Has a possible 15 years lifespan
- It is the ideal choice for high-performance Solar system, your high-end electric boats, yachts and even motorhomes.
- It is also exceptionally long lasting– most times up to eight times the duration of cyclic stability of everyday, conventional batteries.
- It is also tough and has a 100% leak proof construction.
- It is ideal for all your starter kits and supply requirements.
Other inverters batteries in different categories include:
- Universal Chef – 12v 100ah Deep Cycle Inverter Battery === TSh318,807 – TSh354,705
- US 185 XC2 Flooded Lead Acid Battery 12V 200Ah === TSh729,473
- Luminous – 200ah/12v Inverter Battery === TSh535,000
- Luminous – 220ah Tubular Inverter Battery === TSh770,400
- Genus – 200ah – 4 units – Inverter Battery === TSh3,112,416
- Jakson 12v 200ah Inverter Battery === TSh615,250 – TSh731,238
- Sukam Inverter Battery 200AH/12V SMF === TSh731,238 – TSh763,980
- Flames Inverter Battery 180AH/12V === TSh405,263 – TSh486,315
Other Things you Should Know about Inverter Batteries
Inverter batteries come in different brands and sizes depending on a number of factors. The most important factor of an inverter battery is the capacity. The Voltage and AH will almost often determine the how expensive or cheap an inverter battery will go for. What I advise people to do is to find out what their power needs are before they even go shopping for an inverter or the batteries.
Whether it is a solar inverter or a direct source inverter, they all require batteries. Sometimes, all you need is a small inverter battery to power a few things around the house. Other times, you may need well over 3KVA of electricity to power your office and some equipment. It is all a factor of need and preference. While some batteries can only power certain light volt electrical appliances, others can go as far as Air conditioners and refrigerators.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the lifespan of an inverter battery?
The lifespan of an inverter battery depends on a number of factors such as the brand, usage, and maintenance. On average, an inverter battery can last between 3 to 5 years.
- Can I use a car battery as an inverter battery?
No, car batteries are not designed for use as inverter batteries. Inverter batteries are specifically designed to handle the continuous discharge and recharge cycles required for backup power.
- How long can an inverter battery power my appliances?
The amount of time an inverter battery can power your appliances depends on the capacity of the battery and the power consumption of your appliances. It’s important to calculate your power needs and choose a battery with enough capacity to meet your requirements.
In conclusion, inverter batteries are a crucial component of life in Tanzania, providing backup power during frequent power outages. The prices of inverter batteries in Tanzania vary depending on the brand and capacity, but with the information provided in this article, you should have a better idea of what to expect. If you’re in the market for an inverter battery, be sure to do your research and choose a battery that meets your needs and budget.
Now that you are aware of the prices of the different brands and sizes of inverter batteries, you can go ahead and choose wisely. Watch this space for more information as it unfolds.