Up NEPA! That is the usual sound of excitement in many parts of Tanzania whenever power is restored. For decades, all efforts (sincere or otherwise) that have been channeled towards improving power generation in Tanzania have proved abortive. In fact, many believe the situation has worsened over time.
As Tanzania continues to develop, the demand for solar energy systems has been on the rise. One essential component of a solar energy system is the solar inverter, which converts DC power generated by solar panels into AC power that can be used to power homes, businesses, and other facilities. In this article, we will discuss the popular solar inverter prices in Tanzania.
Popular Solar Inverter Prices in Tanzania: The price of a solar inverter in Tanzania varies depending on the brand, capacity, and features of the inverter. Below is a table showing the popular solar inverter prices in Tanzania:
|Brand||Capacity||Price Range (TZS)|
|Fronius||5kW||5,500,000 – 6,000,000|
|SMA||5kW||5,000,000 – 5,500,000|
|Outback Power||3kW||4,000,000 – 4,500,000|
|Schneider||3kW||3,500,000 – 4,000,000|
|Enphase Energy||1.2kW||2,000,000 – 2,500,000|
Presently, the average Tanzanian home does not get more than six hours of electricity from the DISCOs on a daily basis.
It is this appalling situation that has led many Tanzanians to seek alternatives to what is supplied by the national grid. While generators have served private homes and organizations for many years, there is often the concern about sound and air pollution. Then came Inverters, solar systems, and then the recent hybrid known as Solar Inverters. While they are becoming increasingly popular, a lot of Tanzanians don’t really know anything about it.
Prices of Solar Inverters in Tanzania
So in case you have made up your mind about solving your power deficits using a solar inverter, but you don’t know how much it’ll cost you, you have come to the right page. Here, I will walk you through the prices of the different sizes and brands of solar inverters available in Tanzania. These solar inverters vary from those that can power a flat to those that can power a large organization.
- 2KVA BLUEGATE 24 vos Solar Inverter === TSh378,245
- Novel Solar 1KVA Pure Sine Wave Inverter === TSh401,250
- 200AH 12V GLT Solar Inverter Battery === TSh428,000
- 2.4 KVA Solar Inverter 24vos === TSh338,334
- 1400VA 1.4KVA Hybrid Solar Power Inverter UPS – All In One === TSh327,420
- 500 Watts Inverter +150 Watt Solar Panel + 40Ah 12V Battery === TSh529,650
- 1500VA 1.5KVA Hybrid Solar Power Inverter UPS – Pure Sine == TSh428,000
- 5KVA Solar Power Inverter System === TSh15,400,085
- Solar N Inverter Power Energy === TSh810,525
- 130w Solar Panel + 500w Inverter + 100ah Ba3 + 30A Charge Controller === TSh643,926
- 800VA Solar Inverter With 40 amp Mppt Charge Controller Inbuilt === TSh428,000
- 2KVA Solar Inverter With Batteries, Solar Panels & Installation === TSh1,070,000
- Luminous 1.5KVA/24v Solar Hybrid Inverter === TSh545,700
- 300 watts Portable Solar Inverter Generator === TSh709,410
- 2.7KVA Inverter With Full Solar System === TSh1,872,500
- 5KVA Inverter With Full Solar System === TSh4,322,800
- 1000W Power Inverter +2 12v/100ah Batteries + Solar Panels === TSh1,594,033
- 4 Pieces Of 200 Watts Solar Panels For 24V Inverter System === TSh993,174
- 1000W Portable Solar Power Inverter +12v/100ah Battery + Solar Panels === TSh873,120
Solar Inverters in Tanzania: Things you Should Know
While a simple electrical inverter stores up power from an original electricity source to be used when needed, a solar inverter relies on solar energy for its power. By explanation, a solar inverter, also known as a PV Inverter or converter functions by converting variable Direct Current (DC) output provided by a photovoltaic (PV) solar panel into what is known as Utility Frequency Alternating Current (AC) which can be used on a commercial electrical grid or local offgrid electrical network.
Simply put, it converts solar energy trapped by the panel into an energy form that can be easily used in homes and industries. It is a form of renewable energy and poses no danger to the environment. With calls for a shift towards cleaner, greener energy, it is expects that usage of solar inverters will increase tremendously in the coming years.
Usually, solar inverters are powered by heavy-duty batteries (usually the types uses to power trucks), charged by solar energy. But this powering up usually begins from the panels that receive the solar energy from the sun. They now convert and transfer such energy into a form that can be received by batteries. There are three main types of solar inverters that you should know about.
Stand-alone Inverters– these ones are used in isolation. Here, the inverter gets its power from batteries which are in turn charged by photovoltaic rays.
Battery Backup Inverters- these ones are specialized, in that they not only draw energy from batteries but also power the batteries via an onboard charging system.
Grand-tie Inverters– these ones do not continue to supply power even after utility outages. They shut down automatically when that happens, especially for safety reasons.
More Details on Solar Inverters
As stated earlier, a solar Inverter consists of a number of solar panels, electrical cable, batteries and the inverter compartment. The panels are often overlaid on the roof of the house for easy access to sun rays. It then transfers the energy received from these rays to the batteries, and then transferred through a conversion process to the system and then parts of the house where it is needed.
In a country like Tanzania where electricity supply is less than adequate and the weather doesn’t help matters too, a solar inverter is more than necessary. It is not just a great alternative to the Power Holding Company of Tanzania, it is actually a better and cheaper alternative considering the circumstances. Several factors are adduced for this.
First, and as mentioned briefly earlier, it is way cheaper to use the solar battery than generators. The truth is, you do not need to buy fuel or diesel as it is powered by the sun. As long as you have sufficient sunlight, you’re good to go. Apart from occasional repairs or replacements, the only cost is the initial cost of purchase.
Second, generators, especially the ones without sound proof, are very noisy and can cause a terrible nuisance to you and your neighbours. The “I better pass my Neighbour” phenomenon has caused a lot of trouble over the years. You can avoid this messy situation by using a solar inverter. The inverter is almost soundless and cannot even be noticed when in operation.
Third, a solar inverter is a safe and environmentally friendly power/energy source. It doesn’t contribute to environmental depletion or global warming. This is because no fumes are released into the atmosphere to disrupt the ozone layers. All of these mean that you get cheaper, renewable energy that is also safe.
If you consider the prices of the products highlighted above, you’ll agree with me that it is actually worth it. A lot of people are already using solar inverters and enjoying the huge benefits. You should consider getting one too. And lest I forget, installation can be done by professionals around you to avoid complications.
Popular FAQs about Solar Inverter Prices in Tanzania:
- Why do solar inverter prices vary so much? The prices of solar inverters vary depending on the brand, capacity, and features of the inverter. Some brands are more expensive than others due to their reputation for quality and reliability, while larger capacity inverters tend to be more expensive than smaller ones.
- Is it better to buy a cheaper solar inverter? While cheaper solar inverters may seem like a more attractive option, they may not be as reliable or durable as more expensive models. It’s important to consider the long-term cost and benefits when choosing a solar inverter.
- Can I install a solar inverter myself? It’s not recommended to install a solar inverter yourself unless you have experience and knowledge in electrical systems. It’s important to hire a licensed and experienced solar installer to ensure a safe and efficient installation.
Conclusion: Investing in a solar inverter is a great way to power your home or business with clean and renewable energy. The prices of solar inverters in Tanzania vary depending on the brand, capacity, and features of the inverter. When choosing a solar inverter, it’s important to consider the long-term cost and benefits and hire a licensed and experienced solar installer for a safe and efficient installation.