StarTimes is one of the biggest providers of cable TV in Africa. This company has gone beyond just providing us with cable TV. Today, it also provides its subscribers with TVs and even solar TVs.
As the world becomes more environmentally conscious, the demand for solar-powered appliances has increased. StarTimes Solar TV is one such appliance that has gained popularity in Tanzania. In this article, we will discuss the StarTimes Solar TV price in Tanzania and answer some frequently asked questions.
StarTimes Solar TV Price in Tanzania:
To help you make an informed decision, we have compiled a list of popular StarTimes Solar TV prices in Tanzania. Please note that these prices are subject to change depending on various factors such as location, size, and features.
|Size||Price Range (TZS)|
|24 Inches||800,000 – 1,100,000|
|32 Inches||1,200,000 – 1,600,000|
|43 Inches||1,800,000 – 2,200,000|
|55 Inches||2,500,000 – 3,000,000|
As you know, solar TVs come in handy when there is a power failure and you don’t have or want to use a generator. In this post, we will discuss the prices of StarTimes Solar TV on the Tanzanian market. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Prices of StarTimes Solar TVs in Tanzania
Over the last few years, the need to harness solar power has become more pressing more than ever before. Asides from the fact that we have a poor power supply in Tanzania, the rest of the world is moving to renewable power. Solar energy is one of the sources of renewable energy and StarTimes has created a product out of this.
There are several StarTimes Solar TVs on the market. While they are all products from StarTimes, they have several differences. The major difference is the size of the TV and the StarTimes decoder bouquets. Also, the prices of these products may differ slightly from what we have on our list due to a few factors. The most important of these factors are location and vendor. Without wasting time further, here are the different StarTimes Solar TVs in Tanzania and their prices.
Regular 24-inch Solar TV with the dish – TSh1,209,100 – TSh1,337,500
The package comes with a 90AH battery and 30 watts solar panel. It also comes with lights and DTH Nova Bouquet (free one-year subscription).
Regular 24-inch Solar TV with dish and Smart Bouquet – TSh1,287,852 – TSh1,418,820
This package comes with a 90AH battery and 30 watts solar panel. The Smart bouquet is also free for a year.
Regular 24-inch Solar TV with the dish and DTH Super Bouquet – TSh1,396,992 – TSh1,527,960
This package comes with a 90AH battery and 30 watts solar panel. The DTH Super bouquet comes with a one-year free subscription.
These are the three available solar TV packages from StarTimes for now. To get more details, we suggest that you visit any StarTimes office close to you. Also, you will be required to pay a negotiable amount for the installation of the StarTimes Solar Home System. Usually, this doesn’t cost much, especially when the installer is from StarTimes.
Maintenance Tips For Your Solar Panels
It is no secret that StarTimes Solar TVs come with their solar panels. Maintaining a TV is pretty easy, but not many people know how to care for their solar panels. This is why we have dedicated this section to help you with this information.
- Never keep your solar panels under a shade. When you do, then their energy production reduces and becomes inefficient. It isn’t rocket science, they are solar panels for a reason, to absorb sun rays.
- Ensure that your inverters are always flashing green lights. If they are not, then it means that you are losing money. This is because they have ceased to compensate for electricity usage.
- Inspect your solar panels periodically. This is very important since solar panels are always exposed to dust and debris. It is important to check them for accumulation of such materials and during unexpected climatic changes.
- Clean your solar panels periodically. There are several steps to take when it comes to cleaning your solar panels. Here are a few:
- You can make use of a soft clean cloth to wipe the surface. On the other hand, if you like to be meticulous with your cleaning, purchase special solar panel cleaning tools.
- Never make use of detergent-based cleaners. These materials leave smudges or streaks on the panels. Any of these results in less light passing through the panels.
- Make use of a mixture of water and rubbing alcohol to clean the surface of the solar panels. This helps to get rid of stubborn dirt and oil residue.
- Check your energy usage frequently. An easy way to do this is to install an energy monitor. This helps you to know if the solar panel is working optimally or not.
Q: How does the StarTimes Solar TV work? A: The StarTimes Solar TV has a built-in solar panel that generates electricity from the sun’s rays. The TV also comes with a battery that stores the generated electricity for use when there is no sunlight.
Q: Can the StarTimes Solar TV be used with a regular power supply? A: Yes, the StarTimes Solar TV can be used with a regular power supply. It has a dual power supply system that allows it to switch seamlessly between solar power and regular power.
Q: How many hours of TV can I watch on a fully charged StarTimes Solar TV battery? A: The number of hours you can watch TV on a fully charged battery depends on the size of the TV and the amount of sunlight available. Generally, a 24-inch TV can run for up to 8 hours on a fully charged battery.
Q: Is the StarTimes Solar TV suitable for all weather conditions? A: The StarTimes Solar TV is designed to withstand different weather conditions. However, extreme weather conditions such as heavy rain and strong winds may affect its performance.
StarTimes Solar TV is an eco-friendly appliance that offers a sustainable and cost-effective way to watch TV. By knowing the popular StarTimes Solar TV prices and some frequently asked questions, you can make an informed decision when purchasing a StarTimes Solar TV for your home. Stay eco-friendly!