Popularly known as the ‘I beta pass my neighbour’ generator, Tiger generators are one of the most popular electric generator brands in Tanzania. The tiger brand is known to produce generators with power ratings below 2KVA. Small businesses such as electricians, beauty salons, small business centres and many homes make use of tiger generators due to their portability and affordability.
To help you compare and select the best tiger generator in Tanzania, we have compiled a list of popular models and their prices in the table below.
|Tiger Generator Model||Price (TZS)|
It’s important to note that prices may vary depending on the retailer and location. Additionally, consider your power needs before making a purchase to ensure you select the appropriate generator.
The shortfall in the power supply in the country which led to erratic power supply further strengthened the usage and popularity of the Tiger generators coupled with the fact that Tiger generators are affordable and fit the income profile of quite a lot of Nigerians. However, Tiger generators now have their glory days in the past with only a few models available in Tanzania.
Prices ofTiger Generatorsin Nigeria
Here are some popular Tiger generators with their average prices in Tanzania. Note that prices of Tiger generators may vary depending on your location in Tanzania.
|Generator Brand||Price Range|
|Tiger Generator – TG1200/1550||TSh344,320 – TSh380,366|
|Tiger Generator – TG1550/1580||TSh422,546 – TSh466,446|
|TigerGenerator – TG1450||TSh271,690 – TSh353,197|
|TigerTG2700 Petroleum Generator||TSh463,703 – TSh807,000|
|Tiger Manual Gasoline Generator||TSh209,202 – TSh271,690|
|Tiger TG1200 700VA Generator||TSh344,320 – TSh369,499|
|Tiger TG950 650VA Generator||TSh204,440 – TSh295,900|
|Tiger TG2700 Generator||TSh603,636 – TSh807,000|
|Tiger TG1550 Generator||TSh271,690 – TSh380,366|
|Tiger Generator – 100% Copper – Tg950||TSh428,033 – TSh493,884|
|Tiger Balm 950 Generator – Tg1500||TSh374,933 – TSh543,380|
|Tiger Generator – TG1500||TSh342,330 – TSh434,704|
|Tiger Balm 0-9kv Generator – TG1500||TSh425,020 – TSh493,884|
|Tiger TPG2500 2.0KVA Generator||TSh434,704 – TSh493,884|
|Tiger TPG3200EX 2.5KVA Generator||TSh540,350 – TSh1,070,000|
You can buy Tiger generators from any market in Tanzania. However, we suggest that you buy your Tiger branded generators from electronic shops, especially one that is an accredited dealer of an electronic brand; say LG or Samsung. Buying from such a place will guarantee that you buy generators of the highest quality.
What You Should Know About Tiger Generators
It is highly affordable and really fuel efficient. It is also easy to maintain and spare parts are easy to find. The power rating ranges from 700watts to 8KVA. Tiger generators are rated 50Hz. We recommend that you do not operate your Tiger generators continuously for more than 6 hours. When using a Tiger generator of power rating between 450VA and 850VA in your home or business ensure that you do not overload it. When it is connected, try disconnecting any gadget that will overload it or that is not being used. For example, appliances like electric boilers, electric iron, heaters and air conditioners are high energy-consuming gadgets and hence should be switched off when using such low-power Tiger generators.
Tiger TG950, which is a 650VA generator can comfortably power your TV, DVD/VCD player, one or two fans and a few lighting points. Ensure you buy energy-efficient light bulbs for your Tiger generators.
Tiger Generator Safety Tips
Your owner’s manual of course will include the recommended safety rules. However, you may want to know certain basic less apparent things in advance because they may affect your choice.
- Just like all engine-containing devices, tiger generator sets should always be used OUTDOORS. You should locate them at least 15 feet away from the house to avoid carbon monoxide and fumes building up.
- You should never connect your generator directly to a wall outlet or your house unless it is isolated from the service lines.
- Most portable generators need to be protected from rain and snow. Ensure your generator is placed under a shade or in a generator house where it can be protected from rain or theft.
Things You’ll like about Tiger Generators
- Low Petrol Consumption: Smaller generators have the advantage of lesser petrol consumption rates and so have become the engine of first choice for most households. A little engine oil and petrol mixed together in a 4-litre container.
- Low Maintenance Costs: When you face a problem with your Tiger generator, you can easily get it repaired by a local technician or mechanic. In the event that a generator part needs to be bought, you can readily get them from any electronic supplies store at very affordable prices.
- Affordability: The cost of purchasing a Tiger generator is very affordable when compared to other types of generators or its counterpart from other brands. Generally, Tiger generators do not require a large store of fuel.
Things You May Not Like About Tiger Generators
- Their rate of disintegration is pretty fast too. Depending on usage (which is very rapid as there is seldom a public power supply), the portable generator needs servicing or routine checks every two weeks. But it is not always that simple. Several internal parts may have become dysfunctional owing to wear and tear.
- If not properly serviced and maintained, the Tiger generator may begin to make so much noise and emit toxic smoke. Except your Tiger generator is one with a key start, continuous use may lead to the slackness of the string pulled to start the generator.
- Just like other portable petrol generators, the Tiger generator brand cannot be used as a permanent backup for power failure for long hours. As we stated earlier, we recommend that you do not operate your Tiger generators continuously for more than 6 hours.
- There is a restriction on the maximum number of loads that can be placed on tiger generators depending on their power rating. To avoid overloading the generator, it is necessary to disconnect any gadget that will overload it or that is not being used. Appliances like electric boilers, electric iron, heaters, air conditioners and other high energy-consuming gadgets should be switched off when using low-power Tiger generators. The Tiger TG950, which is a 650VA generator can comfortably power your TV, DVD/VCD player, one or two fans and a few lighting points.
In conclusion, Tiger generators offer reliable and affordable options for those in need of backup power solutions in Tanzania. With various models available at different price points, you can choose the one that best fits your needs and budget.