An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) is a device that keeps your computer running for a short period of time even after the primary power source is lost. It also provides protection from power surges. However, UPS isn’t only restricted to computers, it can also be used with other devices like your TV set.
UPS Prices in Tanzania:
|Mercury||Elite 650 Pro||195,000|
Based on the popular UPS options available in Tanzania, prices range from TSH 195,000 to TSH 860,000. Brands such as APC, CyberPower, and Mercury offer a range of models suitable for home and office use. Note that additional features and specifications may affect pricing.
The UPS system works with the aid of a battery that kicks in once there is a loss of power from the primary source. If you’re using the computer at this time, you can save the data you are working on and shut down your system before the UPS power runs out. Also, when there is a power surge, the UPS intercepts the surge so that it doesn’t damage the computer.
Specifically, a UPS system works by converting incoming AC to DC through a rectifier and converts it back with an inverter. The device has batteries or flywheels which are used to store energy for use in the case of power or utility failure. A bypass circuit routes power around the rectifier and inverter, running the IT load on incoming utility or generator power.
Prices of UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) in Tanzania
If you’re looking to buy a UPS system for your home or office needs, you can find the prices of the prominent brands of this device on this page. These include the likes of the Mercury UPS range which is widely used in Tanzania and known for its stable performance. Also, there is the Bluegate UPS range which can be trusted when it comes to uninterrupted power supply whether you are at home or in the office. Other brands include the popular Binatone, Maxtron, Vectronic and the Mercury Elite.
Blue Gate UPS Prices in Tanzania
Blue Gate is an alternative power and consumer electronics brand. The company is known for its reliability and durability.
You can buy their UPS in any reputable electronic and retail stores nationwide. You can also buy these products from online stores like Jumia and Konga.
- Bluegate UPS 2.0KVA | TSh346,817 – TSh411,570
- Bluegate UPS 1.5KVA | TSh263,620 – TSh353,197
- Bluegate UPS 653KVA | TSh117,984 – TSh204,440
- Bluegate UPS 1.2KVA | TSh239,410 – TSh252,430
Binatone UPS Prices in Tanzania
Binatone is one of the most popular consumer electronic brands in the country. The Binatone UPS has the following features:
- Audible alarm to give the indication of the main supply
- Battery over-discharge protection
- Battery recharge time: 8 hours up to 90% capacity
- Built-in automatic voltage protection
- Main circuit controlled by Microprocessor
- Overload and output short circuit protection
The prices of the Binatone UPS models are:
- Binatone UPS 1500 | TSh413,551 – TSh457,300
- Binatone UPS 1200 | TSh376,600
Mercury UPS Prices in Tanzania
The Mercury Brand of UPS is one of the most widely used devices in the country
- Mercury – Elite 3000va Pro – 3kva UPS | TSh795,702 – TSh1,059,107
- Mercury Elite 1000VA UPS | TSh137,190 – TSh188,300
- Mercury Elite 1200VA (1.2KVA) PRO UPS | TSh154,864 – TSh219,504
- Mercury Elite 650VA UPS- Black | TSh107,009 – TSh188,300
- Mercury Elite 2000VA (2KVA) PRO UPS | TSh353,197 – TSh425,020
- Mercury Elite 1500VA (1.5KVA) UPS | TSh214,636 – TSh271,690
- Mercury Elite 1200 Pro Line Interactive UPS – 1.2KVA | TSh154,864 – TSh298,859
You can also buy accessories like the Mercury 18AH / 12V For Generator/ UPS Replacement Batteries which cost TSh97,809 and the Mercury UPS Battery 12V/7.5AH which cost between TSh40,350 and TSh71,339.
Maxtron UPS Prices in Tanzania
Maxtron is popular when it comes to stabilizers, UPS and inverters
- Maxtron 2.5KVA Line Interactive UPS | TSh241,261 – TSh323,769
- Maxtron 2.2KVA BACK UP UPS | TSh260,823 – TSh298,859
- Maxtron 1.7KVA Line Interactive UPS 1700VA LED | TSh247,238 – TSh271,690
- Maxtron 1.5KVA UPS| TSh136,114 – TSh217,352
- Maxtron 1.2KVA UPS| TSh130,196 – TSh217,352
- Maxtron 650VA – Line Interactive UPS | TSh97,809 – TSh137,190
Vectronic UPS Prices in Tanzania
The Vectronic range of UPS, Deep Cycle Batteries, Inverter, AVR and other alternative power products are known to be well designed to world-class standards.
- Vectronic 600VA Vectronic UPS |TSh65,206
- Vectronic 1KVA Vectronic UPS | TSh478,175
- Vectronic 1KVA Vectronic Online UPS | TSh795,702
- Vectronic 1.5KVA Offline UPS | TSh189,323
- Vectronic 12V 100AH Vectronic Battery|TSh355,914
- Vectronic Double Conversion Online Tower UPS – 2KVA | TSh777,034 – TSh814,909
- Vectronic Double Conversion Online Tower UPS – 3KVA | TSh845,091 – TSh1,452,600
- Vectronic Double Conversion Online Tower UPS – 6KVA | TSh2,151,785 – TSh2,259,600
- Vectronic Double Conversion Online Tower UPS – 10KVA | TSh2,485,560 – TSh4,347,040
- Universal 30KVA Vectronic C-V Series Online UPS | TSh16,139,000 – TSh16,140,000
Generally, your choice of a UPS system should be dependent on factors like price, your unique and the features of the system. When it comes to pricing, you can get a UPS system for as low as 14,000. On the other hand, there are systems that cost millions of naira.
Also, when choosing the right UPS for your personal or business need, you will need to ask the following questions.
- Do you need to manage the UPS remotely?
This isn’ a problem with most UPS systems as they can be managed through their communication ports and a connected computer. For instance, most network/server UPS systems include a slot for an internal network management card, and some include a pre-installed card.
- Do you want to extend the UPS system’s runtime on battery?
Many network/server UPS systems support optional external battery packs that allow the UPS to provide additional runtime. Brands like the Mercury Elite support external battery packs.
- Will the UPS support critical equipment?
There are equipments that should not experience unplanned downtime because they will disrupt organizational productivity. Examples: Servers, network/telecom hardware and factory equipment.
- Will the UPS support a load higher than 750 watts?
Most desktop UPS systems have a capacity lower than 750 watts, and the ideal practice is to limit loads to 80% of maximum capacity. This helps the UPS handle fluctuations in power demand, leaves room for additional equipment while decreases the chance of overloads.
- Will your equipment be installed in a rack or rack enclosure?
Some desktop UPS systems support rack installation, but a wide range of network/server UPS systems are optimized for rack installation and include all the required mounting hardware.
- Does your equipment need pure sine wave power?
Some equipment prefers or requires that the UPS system provide pure sine wave power when operating from battery. Many network/server UPS systems do this.